[GNC] help increasing size of font in GnuCash?

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Sat Aug 15 05:38:11 EDT 2020

I'm not sure how you ended up with text too small to read in GnuCash as
the change from 2.6 to 3.0 made everything larger, not smaller. Do you
have a Retina display by chance?

Regardless, the options (currently) are:

1. Save a simple CSS file in ~/Library/Application Support/GnuCash

*Create the file with TextEdit.app

*Save it as plain text (!important) as "gtk-3.0.css" (without the quotes)

*type this in the file (exactly as you see it, just copy and paste):

     * { font-size: 16px;}

*restart GnuCash

2. Get more involved with custom Key Bindings to re-assign zoom-in/out
keys. (not all Mac apps even use that feature) See the Wiki for more info.

3. You can use the Zoom Accessibility feature of MacOS. This is highly
customizable. The default settings probably won't be of much use, but
there are lots of detailed and advanced settings. It essentially can
create a magnifying glass that you can turn on that follows your mouse
pointer. Note that GnuCash is not a native Mac app, so settings needed
to magnify it will probably be different from other apps.

Regards,
Adrien