[GNC] Upgrade from version 2 to version 4

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Sat Aug 15 05:53:14 EDT 2020

Gareth,

 From the Wiki FAQ:

"Important: When moving from one major release to another, you are
advised to run "Check & Repair" when opening the file for the first time
in the new release. Specifically when running it after moving to a new
major release, it may address data format issues that the old release
ignored, but with which the new release has problems (like for example
bug #340372."

So it should have been done when moving from 3.x to 4.x. If you haven't
done so yet, go ahead. This isn't necessary when moving from say 4.0 ->
4.1 or 4.1 -> 4.2. (or jumping straight to 4.3 even at that time) If the
devs fixed a data format bug in a minor release, they'd likely include
that in the Release Notes with an advisory to run it then as well.

Make a backup or copy first, just in case. While this is supposed to
'repair' your file if there are problems, that doesn't mean something
might not go wrong or not work as expected. *Always* have a backup.

Regards,
Adrien