[GNC] help increasing size of font in GnuCash?

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Sat Aug 15 23:29:54 EDT 2020

Hijacked sort of. But who gave Windows advice to Marilyn? I don't see it.

I and I think Peter gave Marilyn advice concerning Mac.

Nor chimed in with the same issue and is on Windows, so I offered
similar advice but then directed to the Wiki for Windows specifics.

So Marilyn got the proper Mac advice. It *is* relatively simple but I
think some replies make it seem more complicated than it really is.

The file should be named:

   gtk-3.0.css

The location should be:

   ~/Library/Application Support/GnuCash

(*NOT* "/Library/Application Support/GnuCash", note the "~" in front,
that indicates "current user's home directory" and is thus *not* the
same thing)

At the very least, the following contents of that file, should result in
a significant improvement, but can be tweaked accordingly:

   * { font-size: 16px;}

That is not as simple as a zoom option in the View menu which doesn't
exist, but not too bad either.

As far as I'm aware, ALL operating systems, Mac, Windows, and Linux,
come with 'assistive technologies' that include a zoom or magnifying
glass function.

So short of going the CSS route, one could use the built-in OS features
for accessibility.

Also, short of using a HiDPI display, I can't fathom how UI font size is
an issue. I'm using a standard 92dpi monitor and I don't have the best
eyesight and between 2.6 to 3.0 the UI became much easier to read, not
worse. Maybe there is a GTK bug for HiDPI displays, but that would be a
more technical matter, and nothing that could be solved with GnuCash.
(the user would still have to use a custom CSS file, or the OS assistive
technologies)

Regards,
Adrien