[GNC] Finance::Quote stock code with ampersand

Jour Maken jourMaken at outlook.com
Sun Aug 16 10:03:26 EDT 2020

This is an issue with F:Q accessed through Gnucash or gnc-fq-dump. A stock I need to retrieve quotes from Yahoo JSON has an ampersand in its code and hence fails to retrieve the correct prices. If someone has faced this and come up with a workaround, I would like to know, please. The code is M&M for Mahindra and Mahindra, and the links for the same are as follows:

https://www.nseindia.com/get-quotes/equity?symbol=M%26M

https://in.finance.yahoo.com/quote/M&M.NS?p=M&M.NS&.tsrc=fin-srch

I have tried escape sequence ‘M\&M.NS’, ‘M&M.NS’ and ‘M%26M.NS’ but in each case quotes for just ‘M’ corresponding to Macy’s is retrieved in USD - my locale is set for INR currency.

Please advise,

Divakar