[GNC] Capital Gain Calculations on Split Stocks

D. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 24 23:13:19 EDT 2020

Peter,

I thought the same about partial sales, but have found now that almost all my scenarios can be addressed in the lots tool. In my case, matching the broker's sales record up to the correct lot yields accurate results, except in this situation with a split stock. I agree with you generally about making sure I'm tracking it all the same as the broker, since that's where the tax folks are going.

David