[GNC] New user - anyone else using GnuCash for PCC (church) accounts? Advice?

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Wed Aug 26 06:21:11 EDT 2020

I have just taken over as treasurer of a (very) small church Parochial
Church Council.  The existing accounts are all wholly manual and I
want to move to some level of computerisation.

I am a long time Linux user and was, before I retired, a Software
Engineer so the 'techie' side of things shouldn't be a big issue. I
can install GnuCash OK and get it running etc.

I used to run my own small Ltd. company so basic accounting methods,
VAT, etc. are not beyond me either.

What I want is more on the 'how to run a small PCC accounts with GnuCash'
sort of thing.  There are some quirks to PCC accounts (I think!):-

    How does one deal with 'unrestricted' and 'restricted' accounts?
    Can one set up 'types' of accounts in GnuCash?

    Is GnuCash overkill for this?  Total cash assets are only a few
    thousand pounds and annual turnover is probably down in the
    hundreds now.

    Is there anyone else using GnuCash for this?

Thank you for any/all help that anyone can offer.

--
Chris Green