[GNC] New user - anyone else using GnuCash for PCC (church) accounts? Advice?

Nate Bargmann n0nb at n0nb.us
Wed Aug 26 12:53:17 EDT 2020

I took over as treasurer for my church as of the first of the year and
have been using GC.  There are three payroll employees that I managed to
set up for withholding tracking.  It's kind of twisted but it works for
me.

There are some things I do in spreadsheets and GC is primarily my way of
tracking the bank accounts and some other investments.  I don't think
there is a magic bullet.  I redid many things the first month or so as I
got a handle on things.  At least GC made that part relatively painless.
I gave a mid-year report last month using the figures from GC but wrote
the actual report in LO Calc.  At least it was well received!

GC is a fabulous tool.  In my role I've also used email, LO Calc and
Writer, Inkscape (adding text to PDF documents), Emacs Org mode (monthly
task tracking), and the phone.

In our organization, pledges, which we do infrequently, are handled by
other members of the Finance Board, not the treasurer.

- Nate

Web: https://www.n0nb.us
Projects: https://github.com/N0NB