[GNC] Old-New user with an upgrade problem: GTK CSS issue

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Wed Aug 26 13:19:06 EDT 2020

Hi John,

That file is not created be default as it's not required for gnucash to run. You can create it
yourself in a text editor - it's just a plain text file - or copy the example file in place:
https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash/blob/maint/doc/gtk-3.0.css[1]

Regards,

Geert

Op woensdag 26 augustus 2020 04:06:00 CEST schreef John Angelico:
> On Wed, 26 Aug 2020 at 01:31, John Ralls <jralls at ceridwen.us> wrote:
> > By default gtk.css will be in $HOME/.config/gtk-3.0/
>
> Thanks, John (and Frank) but when I look there I find no gtk.css (nor in
> $HOME/.config/gtk-2.0 either)
>
> Should the gnucash install have created one?
>
> Searching online I found a gtk bug report about themes: Debian Bug report
> logs - #762936 but it is now closed as is it's follow on report xfce 11198
>
> Regards
> John Angelico
>
> > > On Aug 25, 2020, at 7:29 AM, John Angelico <jatalldad at gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Thanks for the clue, Frank.
> > >
> > > I am not sure if I have that set.
> > >
> > > However, where is gtk supposed to be in a Debian system? I can see
> > > etc/gtk-2.0 and etc/gtk-3.0 but
> > > whereis gtk.css only replies with
> > > gtk:
> > > Most puzzling.

> > gnc.gui:ERROR:/build/gnucash-9jHHoN/gnucash-3.4/gnucash/gnome-utils/gnc-main-
window.c:3676:gnc_main_window_setup_window: