[GNC] New User - can't modify inoice notes.

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 18:38:40 EDT 2020

Samantha,

I am preparing to update in more than one operating system, and I found one
critical step is to back up and restore all the settings that are not
included in the data files.  Unfortunately, GnuCash is going through a
difficult period where the procedure is different for different versions
and operating systems so it is necessary to know the exact starting point
and ending point as part of the planning, ant there will probably be a lot
of ways things could go haywire.

In any case, look here for a starting point:
https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Backup.

Then, when you have questions about your particular situation, be sure to
include your operating system and from and to versions of GnuCash in your
email.

Good Luck!

On Wed, Aug 26, 2020 at 3:27 PM Samantha Payn <
samantha at boorertranslations.com> wrote:

> I have modified and saved the invoice format to suit my requirements as a
> Saved Report. Unfortunately when I upgrade to the newest version of Gnucash
> it loses all my saved reports. How can I prevent this happening in future,
> please?
> Samantha
>

> > On 26 Aug 2020, at 21:17, Derek Atkins <derek at ihtfp.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Please be sure to CC gnucash-user on all your replies using your mailer's
> > reply-to-list or reply-all functionality so everyone can see your
> >
> >> On Wed, August 26, 2020 4:02 pm, Lester Bennett wrote:
> >> I had already done that. I modify the Notes then click apply and the
> >> changes appear on the printable invoice screen. I then click Save Config
> >> but the next time I open the same invoice or create a new one it comes
> >> back to the default Notes. I want this to be the same for all future
> >> invoices.
> >
> > You would need to save it as a custom invoice, and then when you want to
> > print a new invoice you would need to run the custom version and then
> > choose the new invoice to print.  You won't be able to do it from the
> > "Print Invoice" button.
> >
> > Another option is to just keep the configured printable invoice tab open,
> > and then again just select the new invoice from the options of that
> report
> > when you want to print a new invoice.
> >
> > -derek
> >
> > --
> >       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745
> >       derek at ihtfp.com             www.ihtfp.com
> >       Computer and Internet Security Consultant

> > -----

David Carlson