[GNC] How do I add notes to my columns?

azalea4va bb at azalea.name
Sat Aug 29 10:39:17 EDT 2020

When using gnucash on a modern computer monitor, I found it frustrating that
there was plenty of space for the NOTEs field to appear yet also could not
find anyway to make it happen. So I made some chnaged to a file in the
source code, recompiled, and now have that capability.  See
http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/Notes-column-in-SingleLine-display-td4692253.html

That thread included the diff file for the modified
src/register/ledger-core/split-register-layout.c for version 2.6. Here is
the changed file for version 4.0.

split-register-layout.c_diff
<http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/file/t377531/split-register-layout.c_diff>

I am disappointed that this revision has not been incorporated into gnucash.