[GNC] Help with Column that Vanished

Stephen M. Butler kg7je at arrl.net
Tue Dec 1 13:08:33 EST 2020

On 11/30/20 5:24 PM, David Carlson wrote:
> I suspect that the developers might have a hard time deciding how to select
> which other columns to use to fill the space
>   that would be freed up if the description column did not fill the
> remaining space.
>
> However, another alternative would be to restore default column widths.
> This should make every column visible as they appear the first time that
> the account window is opened on a new computer.  It may not be exactly what
> the user wants, but it would definitely give a good starting point.

There are several alternatives that have served well with other software:
1.  Don't fill the space.  Let it be unused (whatever the default
background color).
2.  The right hand column expands/shrinks as needed (not ideal in my
thinking).
3. ...

I have also seen other software implement a minimum column size so you
can't "lose" a column.
With that they have a drop down list on the far right that allows you to
activate/deactivate columns.

Perhaps someone wants to enter an enhancement request.

--
Stephen M Butler, PMP, PSM
Stephen.M.Butler51 at gmail.com
kg7je at arrl.net