[GNC] bulk operations?

Weiwu Zhang a at colourful.land
Mon Dec 7 17:00:33 EST 2020

This issue comes up regularly with new users. The short answer to the
question is,  "no, there is not a bulk edit."

Instead of discouraging people to ask this because it's already discussed
and some suggestions are already archived, I feel starting the
conversation again is the only way to call out the importance of this
feature so we might have a formal solution that we can put into the
document section. Gnucash cuts into the prosumer market where users do
need such "advanced" features.

In fact I'm a bit disheartened that this question stopped reappearing
sincer 2017. Previously it showed up roughly yearly. It might be a
sign that there are less new users discovering gnucash, instead of
people being more mature and stopped asking without searching into the
archives.

The following is just an exmaple in 2017, the last year people still asked
for this.