[GNC] How to use Reminders?

Fran_3 mailbox0600 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 9 13:10:48 EST 2020

Problem with "Bills Due" reminder popup is if you have forgotten to Post the bill you don't get reminded.Problem with missing your boss's birthday is you forgot what date it was.
So, how do you create a general purpose Reminders for various things in GnuCash like..- Post Electric Bill Today (this reminds you to go find the bill online or in the mail or wherever & post it)
- Boss's birthday is on April 1st- Valentines Day coming up on February 14th- Leave check under door mat for yard guy
I see the calendar view via clicking... Actions > Schedule > Edit Scheduled Transactions
And the tabs & fields when I click "New"
And most of the fields are obvious except under Template Transaction... I'm clueless about what I'm looking at...Is tat a template for...- a new bill to be posted- a reminder to pay a bill- or what?
And, what about a reminder that is not a financial transaction?
Questions:
1 - Is there a way to create General Purpose Reminders in GnuCash?
2 - Where can I find instructions on how to navigate to General Purpose Reminders?

3 - Is there a document that explains the use of the various fields in either...
a. the General Purpose Reminder or in

b. Scheduled Transactions Reminders?
Thanks for any help.