[GNC] Saving to MySQL

Ira Fuchs irafuchs at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 10:01:08 EST 2020

Problem resolved. I was able to login to mysql using the mysql command but was not able to login using dbeaver. dbeaver gave an error message about sha2_caching_password. To fix that, I reinstalled mysql and specified legacy authentication. With that change dbeaver was able to connect and Gnucash is able to save to MySQL Perhaps there is a way to do this without reinstalling MySql (I tried creating a .cnf file to load the native password plugin but when I went to alter user root to use that, the command failed).

Thanks for your help.