[GNC] How are donations to the GnuCash project distributed?

Arman Schwarz armanschwarz at gmail.com
Sun Dec 20 18:52:08 EST 2020

First up, apologies if this is the wrong place to send this. I looked
through the mailing lists page on the gnucash website and couldn't find any
mailing lists that seem to fit this question so I'm asking it here.

I'd like to set up regular donations to the GnuCash project (because I use
the software a lot and don't have time to contribute in any other way), but
I'd like some clarity on a few points, the answers to which I couldn't find
on the site:

Where do the funds go? Ie. how are they split between transaction/admin
fees, server costs, and to the volunteers?

How is the decision to distribute the funds made? Ie. what's the process
for deciding who gets what? Is it transparent?

Is there any region in which GnuCash has charity status?

Thanks
Arman