[GNC] Rounding & formulas

Frank H. Ellenberger frank.h.ellenberger at gmail.com
Thu Dec 24 10:03:40 EST 2020

Hello Thomas,

Am 23.12.20 um 09:25 schrieb Thomas Lenherr:
> Thank you all for your responses.
>
> For the record, this is for private bookkeeping purposes (mainly splitting
> costs for different things with roommates), and so regulations generally
> don't apply as accuracy to a cent is more than enough and I mostly just
> want to prevent having to fix imbalances often. Having done this for the
> past ~12 years, for anything between 5-10 monthly transactions, I was
> hoping to automate this ever so slightly more, as is the trend with
> software.
:

you could also avoid most of the rounding by using an additional accout
"common expense" and delaying the division.
Over the month colect all common expense here. At the end of the month
divide the total by heads (n) and assign it to the rspective accounts.
Rounding down there will be a remain of 0…(n.1) cents transferred into
the next month.

HTH
Frank