[GNC] Income statement with transactions

Yves Forget yves_forget at yahoo.ca
Thu Dec 24 17:47:19 EST 2020

I am trying to get a report similar to the Income Statement (Revenues and expenses, with subtotals by account), but with transactions instead of just the summary for each account.

I went with the Transactions Report and got pretty close with the following : account name as primary key and date and secondary key.  With account in ascending order, I get Expenses before Revenues.  Revenues first would be better but I can live with that.

My main problem is that the report shows only the account name of the bottom-level account.  The sort seems to be on the full name (Expenses:Car:Gas) but it shows only Gas in the report.

Is there any way to get that with existing reports ?  Should I use another report instead of the Transactions Report to achieve this purpose ?

Thanks,

Yves