[GNC] {GNC} How secure is Gnu-Cash? Good enough for a credit union?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Dec 28 19:12:08 EST 2020

On Tue, 29 Dec 2020, Edward Bainton wrote:

> Can anyone give a view on whether Gnucash is suitable for a very small
> credit union?

Edward,

>From my perspective as a long time user and follower of tech security news I
suggest your concern should focus on users, not the software.

Bad actors prefer to use social engineering (e.g., phishing emails,
deceptive web sites) because it's so much easier and doesn't leave signs in
networks or individual hosts.

Whether it's suitable for your credit union should be based on the use cases needs
for any bookkeeping software.

My $0.25 (inflation adjusted),

Rich