[GNC] Printing

Jean-David Beyer jeandavid8 at verizon.net
Wed Dec 30 09:56:06 EST 2020

On 12/30/20 9:43 AM, David Cousens wrote:
> Jean-David,
>
> This is likely a problem with the flatpack setup and not with GnuCash
> itself. There are previous posts in the archive about fixing these problems
> with flatpack. A search should bring them up but this link from an earlier
> thread may have what you need
>
> http://docs.flatpak.org/en/latest/sandbox-permissions-reference.html
>
> QA link on Nabble to the earlier thread is
> http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/GNC-no-printer-to-select-in-print-dialog-td4708467.html#a4708470
>
> David Cousens

I agree that the printing problem, apparently with GnuCash in this
instance, is NOT a GnuCash problem. But I had so many problems with
flatpack programs, the crazy places they were located, the bizarre names
that the went by, that I quit using them entirely.

Now part of my problems with flatpack is that I run RHEL8 and it uses
SELinux kernel that is very fussy about who does and uses what. Even the
root user can not violate the security of that kernel directly; i.e., it
is fussier than merely following permissions on files, and flatpack
seems to  pay no attention to that.

If it were only GnuCash printing, perhaps  I would follow the links you
supplied, but my solution is just to not use flatpack at all.

--
   .~.  Jean-David Beyer
   /V\  Shrewsbury, New Jersey