[GNC] Gnucash 3.8 Flatpak Not Connecting to MySQL

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Tue Feb 4 04:53:51 EST 2020

Hi Alan,

That is probably the issue described here:
https://github.com/flathub/org.gnucash.GnuCash/issues/17

In short: the flatpak sandbox has very limited access to your host system by default. It can
access your home directory and the network via tcp/ip connections. However if you use
"localhost" as network location, this will try to connect via a unix socket instead.

There are two possible workarounds:
1. use 127.0.0.1 instead of localhost, which usually makes myqsl use a real tcp/ip connection.
2. allow access to the unix socket used by mysql for your gnucash flatpak. The command would
be something like:
flatpak override --filesystem=/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock org.gnucash.GnuCash
Though you should doublecheck the path to the mysqld.sock socket as it varies from platform to
platform.

Regards,

Geert