[GNC] Importing Checking Transactions: Expense Acct Assignment Question.

Fran_3 mailbox0600 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 5 19:05:25 EST 2020

 Derek, your answer confirmed Adrian's post and both gave me the confident to experiment today. I'll pull the trigger on the big import tomorrow and report back.
    On Wednesday, February 5, 2020, 09:18:35 AM EST, Derek Atkins <derek at ihtfp.com> wrote:

 Hi,

Fran_3 via gnucash-user <gnucash-user at gnucash.org> writes:

> Will assigning the Expense Account during import conflict with later
> creating a bill and then assigning a checking transaction as payment
> for that bill? (Since the Expense Account is normally assigned during
> creation of the bill... so this will be kind of backwards... I think)
> I hope I made the issue and question clear. At least I gave it my best shot :-)

The short answer is "yes".  If you import the check into Bank and
always assign the "correct" Expense account, then you will bypass the
Bill completely.  For Vendors that have a Bill you *MUST* assign the
payment to AP, not the appropriate Expense.

      Derek Atkins                617-623-3745
      derek at ihtfp.com            www.ihtfp.com