[GNC] new computer - program & data transfer

Carl Hofinga chofinga at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 12 01:00:51 EST 2020

I have purchased a new computer(Windows 10 home) and need to transfer the GNUCASH program and data file from the old computer to the new computer. My computer technician could not make the program transfer to the new computer. The only item I found on the new computer is a alphabetic  listing Gnucash. I click on that and a small screen displays with a function listing. I selected gnucash-3.8 setup.exe with a date of 12-30-2019 but nothing happens when I click on it.  Also, I do not think the data file got transferred from the old computer. But it may be in a different place.

Do I need to download the GnuCash program on to the new computer via the internet?  Then, I assume I would need to find the data file on the old computer and some how transfer it to the new computer.  I would need help identifying what I should be looking for in the old computer such as a brief description.

Thank you for your reply in January 2020. It was my mistake not selecting the right option to make the split entry. I am not a computer savvy person and am struggling trying to learn how to use Windows 10 home. For me, so totally different from Windows 10 Po that has been used for the past eight years.

Thank you again for your help in this new problem I am having in getting programs and data transferred from the old computer to the new.