[GNC] How to change MANY Deposits to Withdrawals? (Import error)

Art Chimes artsonline at gmail.com
Sun Feb 16 14:58:54 EST 2020

Or perhaps next time do a test run of a handful of the transactions to
be imported before running the whole batch?
-Art-

From: Michael or Penny Novack <stepbystepfarm at comcast.net>
To: gnucash-user at gnucash.org
Bcc:
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2020 14:31:01 -0500
Subject: Re: [GNC] How to change MANY Deposits to Withdrawals? (Import error)
On 2/16/2020 11:28 AM, Fran_3 via gnucash-user wrote:
> I imported a big bunch of checking transactions and guess I got the Deposit & Withdrawal columns labeled wrong during the import process.
> Is there any way to select a bunch of checking transactions and change Deposits to Withdrawals?
> Thanks for any help.

Horse and barn doors, but this is worth pointing out. Take checkpoints.

In other words, before doing a large import of data, make a backup copy
of the file. Then, as in a case like this, you can easily back out the
faulty import.

Michael D Novack