[GNC] Stock account. Entering transacction.

Vicente vbrubio at gmail.com
Mon Feb 17 06:05:16 EST 2020

Hi
Thanks Ken for your reply.
I think I found the problem.
I installed CnuCash 3.5 on PC W10. Vesion in Spanish.
I followed the instructions in the GNU CAsh manual.
I tried to create an investment account, eg AMZN.
In the form there is no possibility to choose Stock - Stock, only assets ---
Stock.
And in the account created Stocks - AMZN, you do not have the fields of
number of shares, price, purchase or sale and balance.
What did I do? Completely uncover GNUcash Spanish version, with some
problems, but I got it, remember that I am a newbie.
Then install the English Version of GNU Cash 3.5. and eureka! , I got it now
the same investment account AMZN example already has the fields of number of
shares, price, purchase, sale and balance.
That's why I dare to say that there is an error in the English version of
GNUCash, or maybe the computer elves of my computer are crazy, or that I did
something wrong.
It would be a good idea for someone who knows more to investigate.
Thank you so much. Now I am working with english version.
Vicente
PD I go step by step, now I am trying to create automatically load the stock
prices.
I take it easy, if I don't get it, I'll ask for help again.
Written with a translator.