[GNC] Credit Card bill autopay

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Tue Feb 18 11:40:21 EST 2020

Hi,

Viney Kumar <drvineykumar at gmail.com> writes:

> I have one credit card which has billing cycle of 12th of every month.
> Payment is to be done on 1st of every month or 2nd if that is holiday.
> Payment is automatically deducted on 1st or 2nd (if 1st is holiday)
>
> Can I schedule transaction of CC bill Payment every month. Like it picks up
> last balance of 12th of every month and Automatically schedules it for
> payment from savings account on next 1st of every month.
[snip]

Your best option is to enter a post-dated transaction.  I.e., on the
12th you manually enter the payment for the 1st or 2nd.  There is no way
to do this in an "Automatic" way because the SX system does not have the
ability to look at the account balance as of a particular date.

Another thing to keep in mind is that there may be a delay in processing
a transaction.  Sometimes a CC transaction doesn't hit my CC account for
a day or two, so transactions close to the ending date may end up on
either side, which I wont know until I see the statement.

Also note that when you Reconcile the CC, it will (unless you turn it
off) pop up a transfer dialog to enter a payment transaction, and the
amount of that transaction is the closing balance of the reconcile.  So
this is another way to do it.

Hope this helps,

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745