[GNC] Credit Card bill autopay

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Tue Feb 18 18:42:16 EST 2020

Another option is to set up an SX with a variable which would represent the ending balance of the last statement.

GnuCash can’t read this amount automatically as Derek noted, but when the SX fires, it will prompt you for the value of the variable.

This approach is probably more useful if you are doing one or more splits all based on some proportion of the original variable, but you could also do it with a multiple of one (“1”).

So you might set a formula like:

last_balance*1

in each of the two split lines (if there are only two) one a debit to the card account and the other a credit to the checking/cash account as needed.

If you always wanted to pay more or less than the balance consistently, then just make the formula more complicated as needed.

This is also a good trick for allocating funds to savings sub-accounts each payday.

Regards,
Adrien