[GNC] How2find 1) Duplicate items imported 2)Un-Posted Bills?

Christopher Lam christopher.lck at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 10:23:18 EST 2020

On Wed, 19 Feb 2020 at 01:49, Greg Feneis <mfeneis at gmail.com> wrote:

> I typically import qif and ofx files into checking or credit card accounts.
> GC does a pretty good job of matching pending import transactions with
> transactions that are already present. Also, I have tried to import a file
> that I previously tried to import, and nothing shows up in the matcher
> dialog.  I don't know how it knows but I'm glad it does

because, I think:
OFX imports match via complex heuristics(*)
OFX imports have a FITID field which is stored in a transaction split's
invisible "online_id" property.
QIF imports don't have a similar field, so, the matching is actually done
manually during every import, and is imperfect(**)

(*) matching tests: amounts match, make some allowances for ATM fee
threshold, dates differ by ideally 4 days but consider up to 2 weeks.
(**) matching is successful when: amounts matched, dates differ by 1 week
or less.