[GNC] Where should i put my account "Loan to a Friend" when they evaded debt ?

Long Phamhoanglongvn at outlook.com
Wed Feb 19 23:47:47 EST 2020

Hello GnuCash Users,

I just assumed that when i loan to a friend and they don't give my money
back, and then, where should i put that Account to make it doesn't not
affect my Assets ? i mean, my Asset only had 100$, "Stealer" owed to me
about 20$, everytime i open GnuCash... oh, look, this month i got 120$, and
check my bank, oh man, it's only 100$...

To Expense : I assumed that i want to put it to Expense, maybe it's make
sense, because i already spent my money.

To Liability : How about move it to Liability ? so look at a placeholder
"Liability", my owe will decrease because i will make a negative account for
"owed to me". it seems like unreasonable for me when i check my owed.

of course, this is just assumed, like the way GnuCash teach us when the
first time we fall in love with GnuCash.

Thank you for take your time to read this post, and help me.