[GNC] Register layout

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Sat Feb 22 04:24:39 EST 2020

Op zaterdag 22 februari 2020 03:22:32 CET schreef Tommy Trussell:
> On Fri, Feb 21, 2020 at 8:18 PM Stu Perlman <sgperlman at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I actually had tried editing my gnucash.gcm file before I posted my
> > question earlier. After saving my changes (make the transfer column wider
> > for all accounts) and then restarting the application, it seemed to have
> > no
> > impact.  I rebooted my system just now; that seems to have done the trick.

If GnuCash was still running while you made the changes in *.gcm, that would
indeed have no effect. GnuCash reads the information only when your book is
opened and will overwrite it when the book is closed or when you run save. So if
you made any changes in the gcm file while your book is open these changes
would be overwritten the moment you close your book.

Regards,

Geert