[GNC] Fastest ways to enter my transactions into GnuCash ?

Stan Brown the_stan_brown at fastmail.fm
Fri Feb 28 10:30:35 EST 2020

Amen to that! When I use the account picker while entering a
transaction, I get all accounts in alphabetical order. It would be MUCH
more useful to get a fan-out by account hierarchy. After all, if I know
I'm entering an expense, other types of accounts just get in the way.

As it is, to use the picker I need to know the beginning of the account
name that I want. But if I knew that, I wouldn't need to use the picker
-- I could just type the first few characters and use autocomplete.

(I think it was a suboptimal design choice to have "only use leaf
account names" as a one setting that affects two things: display in a
transaction and display in the account picker. I don't have enough
screen space to show the entire account hierarchy in a transaction, but
I do want it in the account picker. I'm still using 2.6.18, so maybe
this has been improved in later versions?)

Stan Brown
Tompkins County, New York, USA
https://BrownMath.com
http://OakRoadSystems.com