[GNC] How to balance checking account in GC?

Fran_3 mailbox0600 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 29 10:50:16 EST 2020

First, since IANAA I'm unsure if there is a difference in "reconciling" your checking account vs "balancing" your checking account...
The later used by me to note that I've matched the bank statement to my entries in the check register and both now show the same balance as of the last transaction...
So in my question below I'm going to call this job "Balancing" the Checking Account.
The Question: Does GC have a built in tool to help balance a checking account?
Like maybe import the bank statement as a csv or whatever and automatically try to find transactions that are either missing or do not match the corresponding GC entry?
A technique I have used is to1 - Download banking transactions to a csv & then import them into a spreadsheet.2 - Then export GC checking transactions as csv & then import that into another tab on the spreadsheet3 - Then on another spreadsheet tab copy and paste bank transactions and GC transactions side by side4 - Then try and match them up to find any missing transactions
But this is hard work if you have a lot of transactions.
Alternately you could print out the bank transactions and while looking at the GC Checking Account use the "R" Reconciliation column in the check register to mark those that have cleared the bank...
But I've been apprehensive about using the "R" column as I read that once a transaction is marked R for Reconciled... it becomes difficult to change if if the need arises.
Any tips on an easier way to go about balancing the check register to match the bank statement?

Thanks for any help.