[GNC] v3.8

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Wed Jan 1 15:59:50 EST 2020

Stable releases are certainly intended to work for ordinary users, though it's always possible to have regressions.

With AQBanking we have an unfortunate conundrum: The AQBanking developer wasn't paying attention to legal developments in Germany and the EU and was caught short by some substantial changes in the FinTS (formerly HBCI) system last September, to the point that the AQBanking completely stopped working there. He has since been playing catch-up with his development branch so that it mostly works again, but it's a development branch and isn't stable. Unfortunately that put us in the position of either bundling the last stable release of AQBanking that doesn't work at all in Germany or bundling the not-quite stable development beta release that mostly does work in Germany. I decided to go with the beta. If that turns out to be a problem for you you can review the changes in the release notes (see https://www.gnucash.org/news.phtml) and decide whether it's worth it to use 3.8 anyway or to stick with 3.7.

Regards,
John Ralls