[GNC] v3.8

boldstripe michael.nabble at wengam.com
Wed Jan 1 16:40:13 EST 2020

I eventually succeeded in building and installing Gnucash v3.8 on Debian
Buster

I installed to /usr/local because David had success with that.

Not sure what I did to make it work, but it could have been any of the
following:
- used 'sudo' before cmake, make and make install commands; otherwise had
permissions errors
- I used: sudo cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/local
~/Downloads/gnucash-3.8b/gnucash-3.8
- after unsuccessful attempts, I deleted the build-gnucash-3.8 directory
before every new attempt; when I did not, the make command seemed to think
things were OK when they weren't and didn't, perhaps, instigate some of my
fixes
- I generally installed packages with dependency errors (if I saw them) with
buster-backports (this was new for me, but see this URL:
https://backports.debian.org/Instructions/
- because I had had an error on 'make' concerning aqbanking, I did a search
in buster-backports for every package containing 'aqbanking' and installed
them one by one with apt or apt-get before attempting another build