[GNC] Gnucash V3.x NSTextInputClient protocol non-compliance

KUSUMOTO Norio kusumoto at na.rim.or.jp
Wed Jan 1 20:11:39 EST 2020

Hello all,

I have been using Gnucash V2.x for Mac. Because Gnucash V3.x for Mac cannot
handle Japanese input properly. However, Catarina eliminates 32 bit applications,
so I need to migrate to Gnucash V3.x.

Probably not only is Japanese a problem in Gnucash V3.x, but it is a general
problem that the NSTextInputClient protocol cannot be handled properly.

I can also see the problem when I switch the text input to US. For example,
if you press the a key for a long time, a window appears where you can select
a variation of the character. If you select one of the characters and confirm it
with the return key, the return is passed to Gnucash.

--
KUSUMOTO Norio