[GNC] v3.8

David Cousens davidcousens at bigpond.com
Wed Jan 1 22:03:19 EST 2020

Greg

It is certainly possible to run a number of versions in parallel. I usually
install my production version in /usr/local and I often initially install a
new version under my home directory and work initially on a copy of the data
file in a new location until I am happy to make it the production version
usualy only a couple of days.  It is also possible to install a separate
version under /opt for use by all users. The catch is that the same user
specific configuartion files are used by each version (and there sometimes
can be conflicts).

I also do a little minor deelopment and documentation work so I usually have
the maint or master branches of the program and documentation installed at a
separate location under my home directory.

If you need to separate the user config files, you can always use a separate
login to run each version but then you may need to copy data files to the
new user. You can also put files in a dropbox location and the allow each
user to signin and open them.

David Cousens

-----
David Cousens