[GNC] Possible bug (Re: subaccounts tabs vs windows)

Stan Brown the_stan_brown at fastmail.fm
Thu Jan 2 10:15:27 EST 2020

On 2020-01-01 19:51, Adrien Monteleone wrote:> Nope, it’s a preference:

> Preferences > Register Defaults > Other Defaults > Register opens in a
new window.

> Un-check it.

Out of curiosity, I tried _checking_ it, because my accounts have always
opened in tabs and I was curious if I'd prefer it the other way. But I
accidentally discovered a bug. I have 2.6.19, so there's no point in my
entering a bug report, but maybe somebody would like to try it in 3.8 to
make sure it's not a bug there too.

1. I started with these two settings:
	Register Defaults: Register opens in a  new window - NOT set
	Windows » Tab Position - Top

2. I opened GC and my accounts file, and ticked (selected) Register
opens in a new window.

3. Right-clicked a split in an existing account register, and selected
Jump. The account opened in a new window, as expected.

4. In Preferences » Windows, changed tab position to Left. GC crashed.

I suspect it was changing tab position when one tab was in a separate
window that caused the problem.

Stan Brown
Tompkins County, New York, USA
https://BrownMath.com