[GNC] "?" symbol pre fixed with all balances in my account balances

Keshava M P keshava.mp at gmail.com
Thu Jan 2 12:12:26 EST 2020

Thank you very much, Adrien.
In a separate  thread, I saw creating gtk-3.0.css  and it worked and
changed the fonts also. But when I try entering *₹ *symbol (Here, I typed
this with the combination CTRL+ALT+4 with keyboard as English (India) on
Windows 10), I am simply not able to do it.

Firstly, CTRL+ALT+4 does not work in currency edit window.
Secondly, if I copy "₹" symbol from a word document and paste, after
clicking OK, it is back to "?" symbol.
In your mail, you had said "It is possible to customize the unicode glyph".
Any idea about how to do that?

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Keshava

On Fri, 13 Dec 2019 at 22:35, Adrien Monteleone <
adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net> wrote:

> I’m not versed on settings.ini syntax, but you might need to quote the
> font name so it doesn’t see it as 2 fonts. ("Calibre 14" instead of
> “Calibre" and “14")
>
> Also, check your currency list in GnuCash and the assigned symbol for
> Rupee there. It is possible to customize the unicode glyph. The wrong one
> might be assigned. Finally, you also might find it easier to either change
> your Windows locale currency (if that works for you) to Rupee, or else try
> to assign a 4th or 5th level keyboard key to the Rupee so you can type it
> without needing the ALT+x method. (you would use the ALT key with some
> other like CTRL in a combo)
>
> Finally, GnuCash uses GTK+ and not the Windows UI directly. GTK+ does not
> support the ALT+x input method. (which is Windows specific) It does support
> entering Unicode hex codes though. See this:
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unicode_input#In_X11_(Linux_and_Unix_variants)
>
> Regards,
> Adrien
>
> > On Dec 13, 2019 w50d347, at 4:56 AM, Keshava M P <keshava.mp at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > I tried the same.
> > First I ran a query in Google "fonts that support Rupee symbol".  Got
> > confirmation that now windows came with support for Rupee symbol and we
> > could directly type rupee in applications like say Word - by typing 20b9
> > followed by Alt+x. So, by this logic, I thought if I change in
> settings.ini
> > (gnucash on windows 10), this problem would be solved. Here is my
> > settings.ini:
> >
> > [Settings]
> > gtk-xft-antialias=1
> > gtk-xft-hinting=1