[GNC] Opening Balance on Reports

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Thu Jan 2 15:47:19 EST 2020

Paul,

The Transaction Report has some aggregation and sorting features in the Options > Sorting tab, and you can refine the view in Options > Display. You might play with those till you find something close to what you are looking for.

Optionally, export or copy/paste your report to a spreadsheet and manipulate from there.

Another option is the Vendor Report (if you’ve set the counter-party up that way) You would get a ‘balance forward’ and then each transaction since then for whatever period you are reporting for. Of course, this requires use of the business features for all associated transactions.

An alternative to manually ‘closing’ the account (and then reversing that) would be to report just for the current desired period (say 2019), then move the resulting report to a spreadsheet and add the balance forward manually there. If you need the balance calculated, just run a separate report for the beginning of your book to 12/31/18 and take the bottom line grand total to your spreadsheet.

The Vendor Report is likely what you are looking for, but again, that would require a different workflow than manual transactions. It may or may not be worth it to you to refactor that transaction history accordingly, or else just switch to that for 2020.

Regards,
Adrien