[GNC] v3.8: Budget "total" field

Greg W allrightname at gmail.com
Thu Jan 2 16:43:04 EST 2020

In the most recent release this change was made:

[gnc-budget-view.c] totals - 5 fundamental types
previous showed income/expense/transfers/totals budget totals, of uncertain
meaning. now shows income/expense/asset/liability/equity budget totals. The
5 lines also become sensitive to the global sign-reverse property.

That change removed the "total" row from budgets making it very hard to
ensure that budgets are balanced or that there are no unallocated funds.
Example of the old behavior:

Income: 100
Expenses: 30
Liabilities: 20
Assets: 10
Total: 40

Using that total row I could tell there were 40 units that needed allocated
somewhere. How can I accomplish this given the recent changes? If I make a
change and accidentally allocate 1000 to Assets in the new version it just
updates the assets total row and doesn't otherwise indicate the budget is
out of balance.

Thanks,
Greg