[GNC] Locating Data and Log Files SINCE UPDATING to 3.8

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Thu Jan 2 20:12:40 EST 2020

Per #3, on Jan 2, did you start GnuCash by:

A) Opening GnuCash and letting *it* open your most recently used file.
B) Double-clicking your intended file which will (allegedly) start GnuCash with the specified file.

Option A *should* have opened the most recent file which *should* have been the one with data from 12/31. (option B should have as well)

Once it is established which method you used, more accurate and specific advice can be given.

As well, check your data files. Do you see that one is dated 12/31/19? either as part of the file name or as a last modified date? *That* would be your most ‘correct’ data file. (presuming you have no additional entries in some other file or you are willing to re-enter them into this one)

Per your #7, I suspect you saved your work from 12/31 on your external.

*HOW* you choose to open GnuCash may determine *which* most recent file is found and opened.

Let’s go one step at a time and deal with A/B above FIRST.

Regards,
Adrien