[GNC] Opening Balance on Reports

david whiting dw at davidwhiting.me.uk
Fri Jan 3 03:08:24 EST 2020

What I do is add a transaction on the first date of the new period with the
transaction reference "Balance carried forward" with nothing in the
credit/debit columns. Then a transaction report with running balance has
"Balance carried forward" as the first transaction and the running balance
shows the amount carried forward. See attached example (our club financial
year runs from 1st August to 31st July).

David