[GNC] v3.8: Budget "total" field

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Fri Jan 3 17:30:32 EST 2020

Switching users isn't onerous as long as you use simple passwords--you do have to type it every time you switch--and it's easy to create a folder in your main user's $HOME to collect stuff:
https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/control-access-to-your-public-folder-on-mac-mchlp1775/mac.

If that's still too much trouble you can set GNC_DATA_DIR and GNC_CONFIG_DIR in the non-production bundle's Contents/Resources/etc/gnucash/environment to point somewhere other than ~/Library/Application Support/Gnucash. Preferences go to ~/Library/Preferences/org.gnucash.Gnucash no matter what, but that's probably not a concern in most cases.

Regards,
John Ralls