[GNC] Chaning left sidebar spacing

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Sun Jan 5 13:38:06 EST 2020

If that is the thread I’m thinking of, that was my first foray into the inspector and GTK-based CSS. I was going for specificity at the time.

'notebook tab/tabs' is more specific, but I don’t see tab anywhere else as a node, so is probably unnecessary.

However, I just realized the options/preferences dialogs use tabs physically and I see they have tab/tabs nodes as well *and* those tabs have an ascendant ’notebook’ so using it won’t help.

I just fired up the inspector and see that the there are classes “GncMainWindow” and “GncOptionsDialog” respectively.

So adjust the declaration to something like:

.GncMainWindow tabs, .GncMainWindow tab {}

Which will not apply the styling to the options dialogs also. Unless that is what you intend, but I just found it does make the options tabs harder to read. Additional outlining or color styling might be necessary.

Regards,
Adrien