[GNC] Misbehaving GnuCash main window

tJ3l33s po.box.7044 at gmx.com
Sun Jan 5 15:19:41 EST 2020

If this matter has been discussed previously, can you you share the link with
me, please?  My searches didn't turn up what I was looking for.

System: MS Windows 10 Pro; Version 1903; OS Build 18362.535
GnuCash: Version 3.7; Build ID 3.7+(2019-09-07)

Question: Why does the GnuCash sometimes resize its main window to hide the
Windows taskbar, even when the window is already maximized?

Scenario:
1. Click the Maximize window icon on the GnuCash window frame.
2. Any open tab(s) for account(s) being viewed, e.g. Chequing, display fine.
3. Find and open an employee expense voucher.  The GnuCash window enlarges
and hides the Windows taskbar.
4. Close the employee expense voucher.  The GnuCash window continues to hide
the Windows taskbar.

Manual temporary fix:
1. Click the Restore window icon on the GnuCash window frame.
2. Sometimes, the edges of the GnuCash window need to be dragged with the
mouse to uncover the Windows taskbar.

I don't recall 2.x versions of GnuCash exhibiting this behaviour.

Thank you for your assistance.

Regards,
Peter