[GNC] Error running Advanced Portfolio report

Dino Carubia dcarubia at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 5 21:29:34 EST 2020

 Nevermind... figured it out.  Found a transaction from 2011 that was the culprit.  This issue did not happen in older 2.x versions of GNUCash where transaction was entered,  so it must be a feature of 3.x versions!  :-)
To solve this issue, use edit/find to look for a transaction with shares equal to whatever GNUCash tells you in the error message.  Review results and look for cases where the 2nd to last transaction balance entry goes to 0 and then the last transaction balance entry goes negative.   In my case the dates were the same for the transaction so I just made the last transaction date one day earlier and the report started working.
Thanks to the dev team for a clear error message!
Regards