[GNC] Gnucash Reports - Comparative Income Statement

Bill Dika billdika at gmail.com
Mon Jan 6 20:16:36 EST 2020

michael d novack

Thanks for the reply. I agree with everything you said but I am not looking
for presentation Financial Statements. I am looking to make quick year to
year comparisons with the reporting facility in Gnucash. Having ten years
of financial data, I would like to make quick comparisons of YTD (year to
date) of this year with last year (for various years), without exporting
and massaging the presentation.

But I think Adrien is on to something (see below).

adrien monteleone

Thanks for the replies.

the new (experimental) multi-column Income Statement in v3.8. That will get
> your two periods lined up neatly.

This is what I am looking for. Thank you. The "Options" dialog is a little
off (to get an income comparison of the two years being January 1, 2018 to
December 31, 2019, I must put in a start date of January 1, 2018
(intuitive) but to get the correct income for 2019 I need to put in an end
date of January 1, 2020 (not intuitive to me)). I do not need a variance
column. Also, I am not sure how to get a YTD (year to date) comparison of
this year to YTD for the same period last year (if you know how to get this
from this dialog, I would be appreciate hearing it). In any case I now have
something to work with and look forward to this coming out of experimental
status.

Thanks to all.

Bill Dika