[GNC] Question about new 5 fundamental budget categories

Caleb Begly calebbegly at gmail.com
Mon Jan 6 20:40:26 EST 2020

In the changelog for 3.8, it says:

 [gnc-budget-view.c] totals - 5 fundamental types
previous showed income/expense/transfers/totals budget totals, of uncertain
meaning. now shows income/expense/asset/liability/equity budget totals. The
5 lines also become sensitive to the global sign-reverse property.

Previously with 3.7 and previous, I would use the totals column to signal
if the combination of income, expense, and transfers balances (when totals
= 0, then it is balanced). However with the new categories, I don't see a
way to confirm balance besides manually adding them up. Is there some way
to enable an Imbalance summary row so it can show if the budget for that
period is balanced or not?