[GNC] Anyone noticing an issue with list messages 'un-threading'?

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Tue Jan 7 16:33:03 EST 2020

I’m still investigating. I don’t think the e-mail provider is an issue because that isn’t a common denominator for the senders. And it seems people confirming this so far are also on separate providers. I’m banking on either user-caused or perhaps an issue with mailman. I wonder if there was a config change or update to the list server recently.

It appears to be happening with more than one user’s replies, but it might all be a result of their reply workflow. (so they coincidentally are following the same pattern that breaks threads) What is odd, is even looking at a single user, it doesn’t always happen. Maybe their workflow is not consistent. Regardless, the subject lines aren’t changed so our clients should not be breaking them up anyway unless the ‘in-reply-to’ header is getting mangled by mailman or the replier’s workflow.

I also am curious to try to follow the actual reply-flow in the archive and see if they are broken there as well. (which might indicate a mailman problem) At least for one thread, all replies appear nested in the archive under the original post, but they may not be nested past the first level properly.

Regards,
Adrien