[GNC] Multiple GnuCash Rev Installations

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Fri Jan 10 11:11:14 EST 2020

Flatpaks offer the same flexibility on linux and will equally to install separate versions of gnucash on one pc.

There are a few important drawbacks still at the time of this writing:

1. No Finance::Quote support yet
2. No printing (webkit is not aware of the sandbox and its printing portal)
3. As flatpak support is recent it only offers recent versions of gnucash. So you can't install say gnucash 2.6 from flatpaks.
4. Flathub (the public flatpak repository) by default only shows the most recent version. While there are ways to install older versions as well this takes some more effort.

Regards,

Geert