[GNC] payees and memos

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Fri Jan 10 16:25:07 EST 2020

Yeah, the Business route might be a bit of effort. It works well when you have the same entities you are dealing with over and over. That might be the case with service providers, lenders, management companies, etc.

I’d opt for using Description for the ‘event’ and put the individual payees in the memos.

But depending on your real-world transaction situation you might be able to use Description for Payee.

I always try to model the real-world as closely as possible.

So even though you *can* combine separate transactions (even if they all happen at once) it might be best not to for tracking/reporting purposes.

If you can make a transaction to reflect the shift in assets from fixed to cash, *then* make separate transactions to each payee, that might be closer to what you are looking for when it comes time for reporting.

Even if that was technically a single transaction (probably not really) then this might be an acceptable time to split it up so things are easier to see and follow and report on.

How you do this is a matter of personal preference. (and what is required for your legal/taxing jurisdiction)

Regards,
Adrien